Thursday 7 March 2013

Sizergh Castle

Well a well earned free day so i nipped down to Sizergh to try to see and photograph the Hawfinch's at Sizergh Castle. I arrive just after 8 and the car park was empty bingo. Unfortunately it was empty of Hawfinch too. I set up camp and waited for the birds to turn up. After an hour a Hawfinch landed in tree opposite me but of coarse as soon as this happened the car park started to fill up with people and noisey dogs. I look around to tut! when i looked back a female Hawfinch was sat only yards away, 1 Bark of a dog and it was away never to be seen again Grrrrrr. So i waited till 12 and gave in. I did have some digiscoping practice on the common stuff.


 
 

 

 

 


 
 

 

 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Nice Craig...u should of set jamie on them other hounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your dead right there Ewan mate, he was sat with me good as gold. not a murmer..

      Delete