Saturday 24 August 2013

Falling over

Another super day in Suffolk but this time it was time to try some new sites. First though I made sure I covered my own patch, the rain was here and the birds were dropping in, mainly a Pied Fly in the Church yard, Yellow Wagtail over and then Wheatears and Whinchats with the odd Lesser Whitethroat and 6 Blackcap together. I covered the Old Sewage works again.



I moved onto Gunton Beach from which I walked up n down 4 times looking for some really decent migrants, what I found were Whinchats, Wheatears, Reed Warblers, Lesser Whitethroats and Chiffchaffs.


James then found a Wryneck up on the old railway at Gunton but I dipped Doh!!! now I was feeling down so went home had lunch re grouped and took the challenge of the local patch again..
Nothing new in but 2 more Whinchat and a Willow Warbler, so moved onto another new area the Radar road, here birds were Willow Warbler and finally a Redstart.
By now it was tea time but I managed to fit in an hours sea watch but just a few Med Gulls, Little Gulls and 2 Dark Arctic Skuas. So I nipped back for my tea and once id finished a message came through WRYNECK Corton old sewage works my bloody patch the one id done 3 times today noooooooo but when I got there at least I saw it so mixed emotions but hey it just shows what a wonderful patch this is. After the bird went into hiding it really was time for home. a pic of yesterday Hoodie hybrid.



Great Finish to another superb day. What will tomorrow bring?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment