Sunday 20 April 2014

Bit of everything.

Last week at work was very quiet until Thursday when the  lizards were spotting loads of migrants so I was a bit miffed I was at work missing it all. So I went out after work but couldn't find there migrants so had to find me own. Started amazingly as I spotted a cracking Hobby although in truth I only saw it flying away but put it down as a Hobby but then luckily met Rene who watched the bird fly right over his head.
The other really nice bird was a Common Swift my earliest ever!!!  A Quick story, I was honestly thinking if I saw a swift this early what would it be then in an instance the Swift flew over.. Fate??? who knows ;-)
Anyway I was disappointed that I was heading back to Cumbria tonight to sort my other house out, fit a couple of Storage heaters and do the garden and cleaning so my birding in Suffolk this weekend was going to be limited unfortunately. We stopped over in chesterfield (mother in laws) then headed to Cumbria next morning.
Our only stop was to Bassenthwaite Lake for Osprey which showed nicely. Oh yeh and a Red Grouse over Stainmore Pass.




During Saturday in between sorting the house Tree Pipit, Stonechats and a quick stop into my old patch Soddy Gap 8 Tree Sparrows, 5 Wheatear.


Now to Today. Left Cumbria at 6 am as I was just dying to get home. Dotterel and Ring Ouzel were on my radar for once I got home. These had been found at Kessingland. I didn't really think they would stick but luckily for me stick they did and great views of both. Spent quiet a bit of time with the Dotterel and new friend Danny too. Thanks also goes to the lizards for keeping me updated.
So the weather wasn't great but just good enough for some record shots.
Oh how I love Suffolk! Back to the patch tomorrow.

 


 
And some of the Ring Ouzels 4 males in total.






 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment