Monday 21 April 2014

Nightingale

So its been a busy bank holiday weekend and I was shattered and didn't really want to get up early this morning so stopped in  bed till 7 and was out door by 7-15 (still too bloody early). Very glad I did though as I walked around the bend at the start of the patch I was greeted with the familiar sound of a Nightingale, I had to listen twice and then make sure no one was using a tape. They weren't it actually was a Nightingale singing BINGO patch GOLD. Managed to get a mini twitch going, always glad when everyone gets to see my birds. First Twitchable one in the area for years and only a 2nd for Corton. James picked up a female Marsh Harrier and a couple of Swallows .
The morning carried on in the same sort of vain as I walked to Radar lodge and back picking up 2 Yellow Wagtail, a Yellow Hammer patch tick and then 2 Greylag geese flew right over my head another patch tick. A Whimbrel flew over and 70-80 Sandmartin were on the cliff top. A cracking male Wheatear was the last bird here.
 Back at Corton church my first Common Whitethroat of the year and another at Corton NSW.
 By now it was 11am so thought id go back see if the Nightingale was still about but in the 15 min I was there no sight or sound.
Home time to sit In the sun writing me Blog... done! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment