Monday 30 June 2014

Purple Hairstreak

As you can tell from my lack of blog posts its been a quiet time on the patch and ive not had time to do anything else what with moving into my new house. Bird wise dead but my new garden list is creeping up with Green Woodpecker, Jay, Kestrel, Stock Dove, Long tailed tit and Tawny Owl being my best birds so far. Dragonfly's being just 1 a Brown Hawker and Butterflies being Red Admiral, Ringlet, Large White , Small Tort and Meadow Brown.
The patch has produced just  Emperor Dragonfly,  Brown Hawker Large red eyed Damselfly, Blue tailed Damselfly and my first Purple Hairstreak of the year today. On the one pine tree were 3 Green Woodpecker and a Great Spot.
At work last week a nice female Banded Demoiselle. in one of my work gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment