Saturday 20 February 2016

Purple Sand and Med gulls again

Collected my euros ready for my trip to Spain tomorrow and then nipped down to links road and the promenade for an unusual looking grebe on the sea.  On arriving in the carpark I was able to count 10 Med Gulls of various ages. Further on I found a winter plumaged Great Crested Grebe so unfortunately nothing special.
Took a couple of shots of this Kittiwake on my way down.




The Purple Sandpipers were flying up and down the beach with the Turnstones so I decided to take a few pictures, as always I pick the day its raining.








 



 
A Rock Pipit put in a brief appearance too.


On the way back a nice flock of Linnets and back at the carpark still a few Med Gulls about.












Hopefully a good blog to follow of my birding trip to Gibraltar and Southern Spain next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment