Saturday 28 September 2013

Out of Town

so started on the patch 6-45am slogged away but saw very little. checked Radar Lodge road again nothing until I found a Dark Bellied Brent Goose.
I also tried some local hedgerows, which id not done before. 6 Song Thrush was it the whole time.



 So I deserted the patch and headed for Lowestoft and Birdseye factory where I picked up a Firecrest as I drove past. Yes it had already been seen earlier in day but it was still nice to be able to pick up the call from the van. I did get out and have a good look at it. A Treecreeper joined it a little later on.
I then decided to head for Yarmouth Cemetary, when I arrived there were loads if birds about I thought there must be something really good here. Well a Yellow Browed Warbler was here but not now. I did see 2 more Firecrest. I then started chatting to young chap Jake who said Red Footed Falcon at Winterton Dunes so as he didn't have transport I took him to try go see this. On arriving rumour was the bird was probably a Hobby. We did make the trip worth while with 2 Lapland Buntings (lifer for Jake) and then he spotted a Short-Eared Owl come in off the Sea.
We then had a quick look for a local YBW no sign now so finished at Caister on Sea where I was able to get him on the Rose Coloured Starling.




 
Finished back on the patch, still quiet though

No comments:

Post a Comment