Sunday 16 March 2014

Local relaxed birding.

What superbly sunny day, best day of the year weather wise. So I nipped out early doors but it was unexcitedly quiet so nipped back and had breakfast. I went out again shortly after breakfast, id only been out 20 minuets before my first patch tick a Red Kite woohoo. So I decided to do some vis mig from Corton New Sewage Works. From here 3 Common Buzzard, Sparrowhawk and a Kestrel.  3 Chiffchaff were new in overnight. It went very quiet after this so I headed back home.
Short seawatch produced loads of Gannets, Red throated Divers and Grey Seals, a single Brent Goose flew South. After id dropped dogs off I headed round the village only to spot a Female Black Redstart on the top of Corton Inn Pub, 2nd patch tick woohoo. After this I spend the next few hours vis mig from the pub garden or my own balcony. Just a Common Buzzard to add to my garden list.
Still it was nice to just sit and relax on such a wonderful day.

 



2 comments:

  1. Starlings? Well we have a couple of those here in the United States as well. (couple hundred million that is...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent digiscoping on the Starlings.

    ReplyDelete