Friday 28 August 2015

Plenty of Migrants

Its been a very hard but rewarding week on the patch. Its rained every night after work but I carried on regardless. The dogs still needed walking. Anyway Common migrants on the patch were Willow Warbler, Whinchat, Wheatear, Pied Fly, Spot Fly and Redstart. Hobby too.
Swifts are still moving through with 22 over one evening. The Whinchat was very showy.




Then a bloody Wryneck turned up at the OSW, and it took me until yesterday to actually get to see it, originally without optics but luckily someone lent me there bins, I was out running.
Today I decided to have a day off and a long weekend but birding was hard work but rewarding. I started early this morning and managed to find 2 Wryneck at the OSW a very nice surprise. I continued to cover the whole of the patch picking up 2 Garden Warbler (patch tick)
Willow Warbler, Pied Flycatcher 3 Hobby a Swift, House Martin, Whinchat and a colour ringed Herring Gull.

Garden Warbler

Whinchat


Herring Gull
 
Migrant Hawker



Wryneck

Rat

So with aching feet I'm going to relax for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment