Monday 28 March 2016

Minsmere again

The day didn't start very well with my poor apple tree coming down in the strong winds smashing the fence. So I had that to chop up before going birding.


 

The weather put me off doing the patch so Rach n I headed to North Hide at Minsmere where we spent a good few hours just watching things moving around.
It was nice to see Caspian gulls again, 5 seen on the scrapes roosting, also an adult Yellow legged Gull.







The Thayers Gull was still in the area and was visiting the South levels, unfortunately it never visited the scrape.
The Jack Snipe put in a quick show as well as a Common Snipe.



The target for the day was the Garganey which I had missed yesterday and it took a few hours before it eventually showed itself.



Redshanks were chasing each other for an age.


We made our way back to the Visitor centre where 5 Sand Martin were visiting the sand bank area.
Then I practiced a few minute's on the feeders.



So all target species nailed today. 4 Day weekend its the way forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment