Friday 27 September 2013

Local

Whoops just realised I haven't updated my blog in days, mind you I haven't seen a great deal really. My Birthday was on the 24 and as a birthday treat I managed to find a fly over Stone Curlew, like rocking horse shit around here apparently. Also 4 Ringed plover and the usual fly over Siskins, Redpolls, Meadow Pipits and Chiffchaffs. Its been pretty much the same the last few days ive been out morning and afternoons to slog around the patch finding just the common stuff with a bit of fly over migration. Today however I saw a few different birds such as Redwing, Song Thrush and Brambling although this morning I got on site to immediately hear a Yellow Browed Warbler... in song!!!!!! so I was very excited and confused at the same time you don't hear them in song in the Autumn. It was a bloody tape wasn't it, ringers were on site trying to catch one if one was about.
There wasn't and I watched them ring just Chiffys, Meadow Pipits, Blue tits and Wrens so still no YBW! Maybe tomorrow, but probably not. A Red Underwing Moth very striking in flight, was a highlight of the day. Oh yea and a nice Golden Plover
Come on Birdies!!!!!



Red Underwing Moth

Tonight a quick sea watch from the back garden here in Corton. 3 Red throated diver, Oyk and Juv Gannet distant

No comments:

Post a Comment