Thursday 24 December 2015

Gulls saved the day.

Left Rachel and her mother to sort the house and do the last minute food shop whilst I visited Minsmere for the day. It was pretty rubbish to be fair, I sat at East hide waiting for some gulls to visit but very few did and what did were mainly GBB Gulls.
The rest of the reserve was too pretty quiet, just a Brent goose of any real note.

So after visiting all the hides I decided to leave for home early. I got to Blythburgh where there was a stack of larger gulls, I had hope that there would be a good gull or 2 here. I wasn't to be disappointed with at least 4 Yellow Legged Gulls and 3 Caspian Gulls, this was the count until they all flushed and landed in a field I couldn't see but impressive all the same.

Below centre Caspian gull 3rd Winters with 2 birds in the bottom 2 pictures.





Yellow Legged and Caspian gulls in bottom pictures.



Just yellow legged in bottom pictures with at least 3 birds in one of the pics. 3 Adults and a 3rd Winter.




Gulls saved the Day.

Merry Christmas Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment