Thursday 27 October 2022

Alpine Accentor

Theres not many birds these days that get me in a panic but when an Alpine Accentor got found just 30 minutes away at Slaughden i new id have trouble getting to see it. 1 I was at work and 2 Rach was on a coarse and had the car until 5pm. Would i make it before Dark, i didn't think so and if i did i did wounder if i would get a decent picture. Well i did make it before dark but the bird was being chased about the beach and so was very mobile. I saw it well in the scope a couple of times but getting the camera on it before the crowd flushed it again proved impossible. The bird moved to the top of the Martelo Tower and it wasn't until it did this did it give itself up to me. Trouble was it was almost dark, certainly the sun had gone down so getting anything would be a bonus. I did manage some record shots before it roosted on a pipe giving me some excellent views. It was a world lifer for me which is why it sent me into a tizzy for a bit. 

I can relax now...






Back on patch a couple days ago, Adult Yellow legged gull and a 2nd Winter Caspian Gull.

In the garden a Male Brambling and a female Brambling and male Brambling a few days ago too.



2 comments:

  1. A seen it today, I don’t usually do a twitch but this was only half an hour away, so a thought, why not ! I didn’t stay long, thankfully when I was south of it, the wee burd was calm and feeding ! ❤️👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got it too.

    ReplyDelete