Sunday 7 September 2014

Gulls n Migrants

Well its been bloody hard work on the patch, many miles covered with very little reward, we just haven't had the birds everyone else seems to be getting.
So Thursday I had a Spotted Fly on Radar Road, Friday I had just a single Wheatear and 18 Magpie in the Roost.
Saturday more dross really, 2 Grey Wagtail, 65 Meadow Pipits Sparrowhawk and a Pied Fly.

Spotted Flycatcher

Sparrowhawk

Wheatear
 
Andrew found a nice Caspian Gull at North Beach so I decided to have a look at something decent.






Covered the patch again but was frustrated with birds turning up elsewhere, Kessingland had Wrynecks so off I went. It was getting late so I wasn't hopeful but as soon as I arrived on the beach there were 4+ Yellow wagtails, North of the sluice were many Wheatear, 3 Whinchat a Stonechat and a Kingfisher but no bloody Wrynecks, so tired I trudged home disappointed.

Onto today Sunday it was another disappointing trudge around the patch finding little and nothing but Wheatears, Common Sandpipers 2 Sandwich Tern, 2 Fulmar and lots of Mipits. A Little Egret flew North with a couple of Grey Herons. Back in the Garden lots of Mipits and a tick Grey Wagtail over.

So the Wrynecks at Benacre were showing again and as I wasn't having any luck on the patch I couldn't resist another go. This time I was much luckier and after about half hour 2 birds showed nicely, bit distant but great scope views. Not quite made up for lack of birds but nice all the same.






A great finish to the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment