Saturday 27 September 2014

Willow Emerald and Red Backed Shrike.

Had a late start today so didn't get onto the patch till just after lunch, it was fairly quiet but the first bird was a Wheatear on the rocks from the cliffs. further round lots of long-tailed tits with a couple of Chiffchaffs mixed in nothing rare. The same really around the disused railway and New Sewage works. On the pond however were 2 Willow Emerald, I think a first ever for me.


 
Rob found a cracking Juvenile Red Backed Shrike at Ness point so late afternoon I headed there and luckily it was still present although only for about 20 minutes before disappearing of to roost presumably.



 
I then nipped to Hamilton Road in the hope I would find the 2 Black Redstarts that had been present, my luck was in.

 
I had a nice relaxing day today topped off with some easy good birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment