Saturday 7 May 2016

Spoonbills

Had my first Swifts this week at work but still none on the patch. Red Kite over Loddon was a nice bird and things are happening.
Back on patch today it started off very quiet but maybe as I was out early the birds weren't.
A Common Sand was a year tick on Corton beach, 5 Oystercatcher were on groins by Radar Lodge. Nothing in the bush's and just Common Whitethroat and Linnet in the Compound of Radar.
Back at COSW I was getting frustrated, Common and Lesser Whitethroat and a Northern Wheatear was it. Then Danny rang and I was just telling him how crap things were when 2 amazing and low flying Spoonbills flew South just offshore, a brilliant patch tick Yeeehaaa. So I had to hang up to put the news out. I rang Danny back and whilst talking a nice Whimbrel went south too, then a Fulmar.
Yellow Wagtails upto 5 were in the long grass and occasionally showing.






Back in the Garden 2 Nice Holly Blue Butterflies.


Back on patch in the afternoon and I missed a Spot fly and saw pretty much nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment